Monday, December 21, 2009

A List of Freebies for Shareholders of Certain Public Companies

Updated 12/21/09

Certain public companies give their shareholders freebies. Below is a list of the companies, the stock symbols, the freebies, and the last confirmed date.

Anheuser-Busch (BUD) - Currently awaiting reply from investor relations to confirm discounts at their theme parks.

Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.B) - During the annual shareholder meeting, investors can get discounts at GEICO Insurance, Borsheims Jewelry and Fine Gifts and Nebraska Furniture Mart.

McDonald's (MCD) - Unconfirmed reports of a coupon for free french fries that comes with the annual report.

Starbucks (SBUX) - Multiple reports that the annual report comes with a certificate for a free coffee that you can use at any location.

Wrigley's (private) - Wrigley's used to send out 20 packs of gum to its shareholders around the Christmas holidays. However, on October 6, 2008 they were bought out by Mars, a non-public company. No more free gum. Sorry folks.

1 comment:

  1. You have good articles here! If anyone here is looking for a loan @ 2% rate in return to buy a home or other financing needs, I want you to contact Mr Pedro On pedroloanss@gmail.com When I was introduced to Mr. Pedro at the market watch seminar, I was entering the market as a first time buyer. Naturally,my needs were a bit different and I had loads of questions. Before he sent me my pre-approval letter, he called to speak with me about what it meant and what could change. He made himself available to me at pretty much any hour via email and texts. He was very responsive and knowledgeable. He’s also very straightforward. I explained to him what my expectations were in terms of closing time and other particulars. He said he would meet those expectations but he surpassed them. I closed so quickly my realtor and the seller of course were excited about that. But as a buyer I appreciated being walked through the process of Mr Pedro loan offer. From pre-approval to closing- the journey was so seamless and I consider myself lucky because I’ve heard horror stories. I recommend him to anyone looking for a loan. Everything was handled electronically expediently and securely   

    ReplyDelete